Monday 6 September 2010

66 not out! - A lovely birthday with Kampala friends

At 8.15 am there's a knock on the door and our dear VSO neighbours arrive with a birthday cake!
Our neighbours - Bob, Baukje and Julia
The happy ageing hippie couple
At work, the team celebrated my birthday with me and had a really good business plan discussion at the same time!
Richard gave me a great birthday hug
I took this picture of children when I was on the trip out west with Sam
Our VSO volunteer friend Jan turned into this lovely painting for my birthday pressie
Jan with the painting - this was on the occasion of her first exhibition of her work - on Friday night - coinciding nicely with my birthday. The exhibition was a huge success and Jan breathed a massive sigh of relief - she had been a touch scared at what the reaction might be - and it was overwhelming positive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Ian will be working as a volunteer with VSO and he's set a fund raising target of £1,000 to be reached before setting off. Money raised will go to support VSO's most pressing needs - it won't be used to fund Ian's placement.